Brightwave's free seminars at Learning Technologies 2013
In additon to our IGNITE panel session we will be running a number of free seminars this year, hosted by our learning experts. These sessions will take place at Learning Technologies and Learning & Skills across the two days of the event. There are further details on each session below, allowing you to plan your time at the show. Booking is not necessary, just turn up at the seminar in time for the start of the session.
Summary of the sessions
- The question of content - how do we make it work relevant?
Tuesday 29th January, 2.30-3.00pm
- Bridging the gap - how to introduce virtual classrooms to your organisation
Wednesday 30th January, 10.45-11.15am
- Tin Can Experience - how we learn and work
Wednesday 30th January, 11.45-12.15pm
Sessions in detail
Tuesday 29th January | 2.30-3.00pm| Learning & Skills | Seminar Theatre 6
Speaker: Krista Woodley, Senior Instructional Designer, Brightwave
Five exabytes of content are published online every two days – much of it user-created, some of it designed to meet a specific purpose or needs of a specific audience. Social networks help put content into context, with people making content relevant by using, repurposing and sharing it. Time is short. When we want to help our people perform better how do we know where to go and what to trust?
- When should content be designed and when could it be curated?
- What's the role of the subject expert?
- What's the role of the learning designer?
- In-house, expert and user-generated; making the most of everything at our disposal
- Five key content considerations for your learning strategy
Wednesday 30th January | 10.45-11.15am | Learning & Skills | Seminar Theatre 8
Speaker: Matt Turner, Managing Director, LiveTime Learning
As the boundaries between learning disciplines blur, we still need to bridge the gap effectively between face-to-face and e-learning. In this session Matt Turner examines how virtual classrooms, be they bite-sized or in-depth, are perfectly placed to complete the blended portfolio. Using real-life examples and cases from organisations large and small, national and international, this session will demonstrate how virtual classrooms are helping organisations meet their organisational goals:
- The business case – why virtual classrooms are an essential part of today's learning mix
- Building virtual classrooms into an effective blended solution
- Top tips for effective implementation
Wednesday 30th January | 11.45-12.15pm | Learning Technologies | Seminar Theatre 2
Speaker: Paul Burns, Head of Technology, Brightwave
We're moving beyond the restrictions of a linear e-learning course into a continuously online world of resources and connections. Learning, even for work, is more granular, less formal and more mobile than ever. It's no longer enough (or relevant) to simply track formal learning on an LMS. How we learn needs to better integrate with our work.
- What is Tin Can Experience?
- How could it be used and do we need it?
- Capturing and valuing informal learning
- Using Learning Analytics to improve learner experience
- Improving performance in a multi-device world
Interested in other Brightwave activities at Learning Technologies?
- IGNITE panel session: Making learning alive at work
- Free networking lunch: The joy of business transformation
- Free networking lunch: Learning Analytics - using data to drive better learning experiences
- Come and see us: Drop by stand 146 for a demo of our latest work
Not able to attend?
Don't forget to catch up on the event resources. After the show we will publish slides for the above sessions and an event review online for those who are unable to attend.
Call us on 01273 827676 or email us to find out more about our corporate learning solutions and how we can help your business.